One of our focuses for the months and years ahead is to support mental health in the workplace. This is an important issue and one that has been accentuated over the past year during the pandemic and resulting lockdowns.
We believe in doing more than simply paying lip service to this issue and so have signed up the Mental Health at Work commitment. In doing so, we have joined more than 600 like-minded employers including Barclays, John Lewis Partnership, Deloitte, Bupa, Tesco and many more. The commitment requires firms to adhere to six standards:
- Prioritise mental health in the workplace by developing and delivering a systematic programme of activity
- Proactively ensure work design and organisational culture drive positive mental health outcomes
- Promote an open culture around mental health
- Increase organisational confidence ad capability
- Provide mental health tools and support
- Increase transparency and accountability through internal and external reporting
We think this is an excellent initiative and if it is something your organisation may be interested in, you can find out more information here.