Teena is a partner and the Head of the Family department. She qualified in February 2009 and has over 20 years’ experience. She has a breadth of knowledge and expertise in matrimonial law. She is recommended in The Legal 500 legal directory and has been described as:
“Personal and understanding… extremely professional, she helped greatly with the divorce and on an emotional level she dealt with our divorce without adding stress and negative energy to an already challenging situation.” (2022)
“Very experienced with great communication skills.” (2021)
“Very bright.” (2020)
“A very pragmatic and down to earth lawyer. She is not only experienced and astute but also has a warm and vibrant character.” (2018)
Teena has published articles for the Transparency Project, Family Law Week, Lexis Nexis, The Sunday Times, Mail Online and Rights Info Online.
Teena advises on the following areas:
- Financial arrangements following a relationship breakdown of married and unmarried parties, and civil partners
- Pre-marital agreements, separation agreements and cohabitation agreements
- Variation, enforcement and appeals of financial orders
- Children disputes, including child arrangement orders, leave to remove from the jurisdiction, pre-emptive orders in respect of abduction, and Schedule 1 applications for the financial provision for children.
- Jurisdictional and international aspects in relation to the above areas.
She advises high net worth individuals with complex asset structures and overseas assets, including family businesses and franchises.
Teena is a trained shuttle mediator, a qualified collaborative solicitor and a Resolution accredited specialist.
She is a trustee of the Spiti Charity, www.spiti.org.uk and in her spare time enjoys a variety of sports.